About Nicole & Team
We’re more than just your
photographers and videographers
- You will get the inside scoop on the best secret spots
(and how to navigate the traffic gettin there) We are all Boston born and raised locals!
- We are humans that care!
We will document your family with love and care, in a non-cookie-cutter way – just like we would want our own families documented!
- We will be your trusted confidant.
Let us help you through timeline planning, tricky family situations, and location scouting. You can also vent to us. We’ve really good listeners!
- We’ve got your back, no matter what.
We are cheerleaders for equality, representation, and diversity. Our parents raised us to be respectful but assertive people who stand up for what’s right.
- We’ve got skills.
We’ve accumulated some odd skills: certified skydiver, CPR/EMT, adv PADI diver, architect, FAA107 drone pilot, motorcyclist, rock climber, ordained minister, and so much more.
I’ve always loved photographing moments
I studied finance and computer science and started my career as a management consultant.
I operate in spreadsheets, bullet points, and decks. My couples get the advantage of having a hyper organized photographer!
Why weddings? I help people remember how much love is in their life. To me, there’s no greater privilege.
I love what I do. I feel very lucky to photograph so many beautiful couples and families.
I love photographing real and candid moments.
I also love wedding cake.
I’m an expert travel hacker
I’m one of those crazy points and miles enthusiasts
60+ countries and counting!
My favorite experiences include:
- Trekking the world’s largest cave on a cave expedition!
- Photographing and printing portraits of the Hadzabe Bushmen, a hunter-gatherer tribe in Tanzania. It was the first time they had ever seen a print of themselves.
- Diving the SS Thistlegorm, a World War II shipwreck in the Red Sea
- Eating fried bamboo worms with our Northern Thailand Hill Tribe family
- Road tripping through New Zealand and Australia.
Giving back is very important to me
Our team has donated over $200,000 in dollars and in-kind photo & video services to both international and local non-profits.
- Amego, Inc – This organization has supported my brother, and many other families. Amego provides resources for people living with autism and other developmental disabilities at home, school, work, and as members of their families.
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep – I am a volunteer photographer with NILMDTS, an organization that specializes in remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a their child.
- Kiva – I support female entrepreneurs via Kiva, a non-profit organization that enables money lending to low-income and underserved entrepreneurs and students in over 70 countries.
- MARE – Our team frequently creates photographs and videos of children in the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange program in hopes that all of them find their forever homes.
- Women’s Lunch Place – We support this women-only day shelter in Boston and their mission to help women get back on their feet.
“To do more for the world, than the world does for you. That is success” -Henry Ford
Karen is my secret weapon.
Karen has been a part of the “Nicole Chan Photo & Video” team for the last 8 years. She is a wildly talented photographer, filmmaker, and album designer. She helps make sure that that all of our clients and their families are well taken care of.
If I am unavailable for your date, Karen may be available to be your lead photographer or filmmaker!
She has photographed over 400+ weddings, has won multiple international awards, and is widely recognized in the Boston area as a sought-after creative. I’m thankful to have her as part of my team.
My little brother, Alex, inspires me
My little brother, Alex, is on the Autism spectrum. I am constantly grateful for the patience of his therapists and caretakers. My mother, with all her strength, inspires me. My photography company donates a portion to help families with Autism. To all my past couples and future couples, I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for not only allowing me to photograph the first day of your life together, but also enabling me to help other families like mine.
Alex can assemble puzzles better and faster than anyone I know. He takes incredibly complex ones (1000+ pieces from MULTIPLE puzzles), flips them upside down onto their cardboard side, and piece them together in a matter of minutes. He’s also got a funny thing where he likes to line things up (hence the magazines and other rectangular items) on his bedroom floor. Alex, you’ve played such a big part how I see the world. Thank you.
I love creating photo and video content for companies.
Everything from headshots, magazine editorial portraits, social media content, to company story films.
Sledder – the laziest Husky
- Fun fact #1: When I was 23, and Sledder was 9 months, she and I competed in an urban mushing competition where she pulled me on my bike.
- Fun fact #2: I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until age 23
Now that you know a little about me,
I’d love to learn more about you!
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.