Microweddings are not a new trend. We’ve been photographing small weddings, elopements, and intimate weddings in Boston since my first year in business ten years ago.
Why should I have a Boston microwedding?
- You want to still get married, and then have a bigger celebration next year – 2020 is a funny year, but I believe in couples who won’t let COVID stand in the way of marriage and love.
- A perfect way to celebrate with a small group of people! – It doesn’t mean that your wedding day is less important or less special.
- Less stress and fewer opinions – Some say that planning a small intimate wedding reduces the stress are fewer opinions on what couples “should” do for their weddings.
- Free up the budget – Cutting down a guest count for your Boston microwedding often frees up the budget so that couples can invest in wedding areas that are more important to them. (For a previous Italy destination wedding, the couple had 38 people and 60% of their budget was photography and videography, because that was their priority.)
- More quality time with an intimate group of people – Have you tried to connect with 250 people in several hours, while trying to have a good time, love on your future forever best friend, and trying to slow down the day so that it doesn’t go too fast? Yeah. It’s hard.
- Less “all eyes on me” anxiety – For some, myself included, we’ve never dreamt of having a large bash where all of the attention was directed towards ourselves. (I think that’s why I love being a photographer. No one really notices me, but I still get access to be right in the middle of the action.)
- You don’t have to say, “Thank you for coming” 500 times – If you’re having a Boston microwedding, you only have to say it a handful of times!
Best micro weddings venues in Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston Common & Boston Public Gardens – 139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111
- Boston City Hall – 1 City Hall Square #500, Boston, MA 02201
- Fairmont Copley Plaza
- Quincy City Hall – 1305 Hancock St, Quincy, MA 02169
- Hampshire House – 84 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108
- Willowdale Estate – 24 Asbury St, Topsfield, MA 01983
- Grand View in Mendon
- Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
- Warehouse XI – 11 Sanborn Ct, Somerville, MA 02143
- Boston Winery – 26 Ericsson St, Boston, MA 02122
- Dorchester Brewing Company – 1250 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02125
- Commander’s Mansion – 440 Talcott Ave, Watertown, MA 02472
- Gore Estate – 52 Gore St, Waltham, MA 02453
- Stonehurst, Robert Treat Paine Estate – 100 Robert Treat Paine Dr, Waltham, MA 02452
- Lyman Estate – 185 Lyman St, Waltham, MA 02452
- Your favorite restaurant
- Your backyard
- White room in Worcester at Crompton Collective
- Five Bridge Inn
- White Cliffs Country Club
- Glen Magna Farms
- Chatham Bars Inn
- The Endicott Estate
- Cedar Hill Events
- The Barn at Sweet Fern Hill
Best Boston airbnbs and apartments to stay in after your micro wedding
Always wanted to stay in a Beacon Hill historic brownstone? Here’s your chance!!
After your micro wedding, splurge a bit on a nice place to stay! Here’s a list of my favorite airbnbs in the city, broken down by neighborhood.
Best micro weddings venues in Connecticut
- The Mansion at Bald Hill
- Tamarack Lodge
- The Mansion at Bald Hill
- Bluebird Farm CT
- Wadsworth Mansion at Long Hill Estate
- Wickham Park
- Celebrations at River’s Bend
- Lavender Pond Farm
- The Lace Factory
- Blue Bird Farm
- Historic Granite House
Best micro weddings venues in Rhode Island
- The Hotel Providence in Providence, RI
- Queen Anne’s Loft
Best micro weddings venues in Maine
- First Hill Gardens
- Inn at Sunrise Point
- Scotland Fields
- Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
- Bear Mountain Inn
- First Hill Gardens
- 1812 Pierce House
Best micro weddings venues in New Hampshire
- Top of the Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast
Have questions about photography for your Boston micro wedding?
Recent Boston micro weddings, Boston elopements, and Boston minimonies that I’ve photographed
Imagine this, you are attending "Preview Week" at MIT and as you're in line for a crepe, you notice
Jen and Paul opted for an intimate Boston minimony wedding with just the two of them, their 10 year
Kyle and Saijia had a fusion Afghan and American wedding at the beautiful Inn at Boltwood in
Heather and Ali shared an intimate Boston City Hall elopement. Heather's ring is a
A beautiful wedding in Worcester. The Saint George Orthodox Cathedral in Worcester is a
The Commons 1854 is a beautiful place for a wedding. Even more so when the couple getting married
Heather and Tim had been planning a beautiful July summer Cape Cod wedding until they discovered
2 minutes and 2 seconds. That’s how long Meri and Benedikt’s beautiful Boston waterfront wedding
Two grooms with extensive knowledge in daguerreotypes, early photography processes, cinematography
Me: Wait, but I thought you're already married? Her: We are, but now we're making it