Microweddings are not a new trend. We’ve been photographing small weddings, elopements, and intimate weddings in Boston since my first year in business ten years ago.
Why should I have a Boston microwedding?
- You want to still get married, and then have a bigger celebration next year – 2020 is a funny year, but I believe in couples who won’t let COVID stand in the way of marriage and love.
- A perfect way to celebrate with a small group of people! – It doesn’t mean that your wedding day is less important or less special.
- Less stress and fewer opinions – Some say that planning a small intimate wedding reduces the stress are fewer opinions on what couples “should” do for their weddings.
- Free up the budget – Cutting down a guest count for your Boston microwedding often frees up the budget so that couples can invest in wedding areas that are more important to them. (For a previous Italy destination wedding, the couple had 38 people and 60% of their budget was photography and videography, because that was their priority.)
- More quality time with an intimate group of people – Have you tried to connect with 250 people in several hours, while trying to have a good time, love on your future forever best friend, and trying to slow down the day so that it doesn’t go too fast? Yeah. It’s hard.
- Less “all eyes on me” anxiety – For some, myself included, we’ve never dreamt of having a large bash where all of the attention was directed towards ourselves. (I think that’s why I love being a photographer. No one really notices me, but I still get access to be right in the middle of the action.)
- You don’t have to say, “Thank you for coming” 500 times – If you’re having a Boston microwedding, you only have to say it a handful of times!
Best micro weddings venues in Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston Common & Boston Public Gardens – 139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111
- Boston City Hall – 1 City Hall Square #500, Boston, MA 02201
- Cambridge City Hall – 795 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
- Quincy City Hall – 1305 Hancock St, Quincy, MA 02169
- Hampshire House – 84 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108
- Warehouse XI – 11 Sanborn Ct, Somerville, MA 02143
- Boston Winery – 26 Ericsson St, Boston, MA 02122
- Dorchester Brewing Company – 1250 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02125
- Commander’s Mansion – 440 Talcott Ave, Watertown, MA 02472
- Gore Estate – 52 Gore St, Waltham, MA 02453
- Stonehurst, Robert Treat Paine Estate – 100 Robert Treat Paine Dr, Waltham, MA 02452
- Lyman Estate – 185 Lyman St, Waltham, MA 02452
- Your favorite restaurant
- Your backyard
- White room in Worcester at Crompton Collective
- Grand View in Mendon
- Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
- Five Bridge Inn
- White Cliffs Country Club
- Glen Magna Farms
- Chatham Bars Inn
- The Endicott Estate
- Cedar Hill Events
- The Barn at Sweet Fern Hill
Bes Boston airbnbs and apartments to stay in after your micro wedding
Always wanted to stay in a Beacon Hill historic brownstone? Here’s your chance!!
After your micro wedding, splurge a bit on a nice place to stay! Here’s a list of my favorite airbnbs in the city, broken down by neighborhood.
Best micro weddings venues in Connecticut
- The Mansion at Bald Hill
- Tamarack Lodge
- The Mansion at Bald Hill
- Bluebird Farm CT
- Wadsworth Mansion at Long Hill Estate
- Wickham Park
- Celebrations at River’s Bend
- Lavender Pond Farm
- The Lace Factory
- Blue Bird Farm
- Historic Granite House
Best micro weddings venues in Rhode Island
- The Hotel Providence in Providence, RI
- Queen Anne’s Loft
Best micro weddings venues in Maine
- First Hill Gardens
- Inn at Sunrise Point
- Scotland Fields
- Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
- Bear Mountain Inn
- First Hill Gardens
- 1812 Pierce House
Best micro weddings venues in New Hampshire
- Top of the Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast
Have questions about photography for your Boston micro wedding?
Let’s talk! Shoot me a message here.
Recent Boston micro weddings, Boston elopments, and Boston minimonies that I’ve photographed
Kyle and Saijia had a fusion Afghan and American wedding at the beautiful Inn at Boltwood in
Heather and Ali shared an intimate Boston City Hall elopement. Heather's ring is a
A beautiful wedding in Worcester. The Saint George Orthodox Cathedral in Worcester is a
The Commons 1854 is a beautiful place for a wedding. Even more so when the couple getting married
Heather and Tim had been planning a beautiful July summer Cape Cod wedding until they discovered
2 minutes and 2 seconds. That’s how long Meri and Benedikt’s beautiful Boston waterfront wedding
This is part one of an incredible wedding story! Dave and Kasey met at a dog park in Washington DC
Two grooms with extensive knowledge in daguerreotypes, early photography processes, cinematography
Me: Wait, but I thought you're already married? Her: We are, but now we're making it