Tell me about your process!
- During your Planning Consultation, we will customize your engagement session to reflect your relationship and your personalities
- Your Personal Photographic Session will capture the essence of you and the person you love the most! Depending on your engagement session collection, it’ll be 1-2 hours.
- Your Cinematic Presentation of your Photographs will be at our studio in North Quincy, MA
- During the Photo Reveal and Design Consultation, we will where we will invite you over our studio to view your finished images and assist you in selection and customization of your artwork that will bring life to your home.
What should we do for our Boston engagement session?
What do you normally do on Saturday afternoon? Let’s go and do exactly that.
The most common request I get is, “I want us to look natural and candid.” The best way for that to happen is for me to photograph the two in a place where you would normally be… doing things that you would normally do. 😃
Yes, I can bring you to a pretty park. Yes, I can pose and direct you. However, I can still do that if you’re wandering around a Lego store that you love or hanging out at the rock climbing gym. Let’s really put some thought into making your engagement session specific to your relationship.
- Where should we go?: Your home, college campuses, proposal spot, restaurant/bars that you frequent, bakeries or coffee shops you love, beaches, museums, lego store
- Incorporate a hobby or something you both love to do: Wine tasting, biking, rock climbing, cooking / baking, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boating, ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, apple picking, antiquing
- Integrate things you love: Dogs, cats, sports teams, water guns, nerd guns, yoga, cross fit, board games,
When should I schedule my engagement session?
- Season: Are you in a time crunch because you want them for Save the Dates? Is there a seasonal activity that you like to do together? (Skiing, paddle boarding, picnic-ing?)
- Winter: Curl up by the fire and drink hot chocolate. Let’s go ice skating and wait for sunset so that we can catch the twinkly lights! Katie and Jamie’s nighttime Bay Back engagement photos
- Spring: Flowers are blooming. Green things are coming out of the ground. The ground is usually softer/wet because the snow is melting and grass hasn’t come in completely yet, so pick shoes carefully. Secondary warning: Do you have allergies?
- Summer: The sun sets later, which works out so that if it’s humid, we can wait until the sun goes down a bit. Ice cream… sports outings… beer… frolicking around in fields… or enjoying AC at home.
- Fall: Bright orange, red, and yellow leaves for New England’s foliage show lasts about 2-3 weeks in October. Note that this is the busiest time, so let’s get your session on the books earlier!
- Dates: I am available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for engagement sessions. Sundays are available for an additional fee.
What’s the best way to show off our engagement photos?
- Wall artwork – Our studio can help you print them your photographs in many styles (crystal, canvas, framed)
- Guestbooks – We will custom design your guestbook with a minimalist feel and lots of white space. Display the book at your wedding! Your guests will be able to sign and write wishes of happiness.
- Display large print artwork at the wedding – Pick your favorite and display it at your wedding. We’ll even help supply an easel. Take it home afterwards and put it on your wall!
What should we wear?
Coordinate colors and styles. This doesn’t mean matchy-matchy, it just means that you wear colors that complement each other – Warm tones vs cool tones. I recommend solid colors and simple textures. Avoid logos, graphics, and loud pattern. Be true to your style. Dress up if that’s typical. Dress down if you’re more casual. Wear what makes you feel BEAUTIFUL and COMFORTABLE. It’ll show!
What should we bring?
In an ideal world, you only have your keys and I can carry those for you. BE BAG-FREE! It’s best when we can wander from place to place and not worry about putting down a bag, making sure it’s not in our photograph, keeping an eye on it so that it doesn’t get stolen, finishing up our shots and then going back to picking it up.
Do you recommend professional makeup and hair?
I strongly believe in professional makeup and hair. I personally don’t wear a lot of makeup, so when I get my hair and makeup done, I ask for a more natural look. It’s all in the details – great skin coverage so that I don’t look shiny and my skin tones are even, a bit of eye pop with a tiny bit of eyeliner, and a bit of oomf with a lip color.