Congratulations, newly engaged couples! You may be feeling a range of emotions right now: elation, happiness, maybe even a little fear. After all, getting married is a huge commitment and not just acquiring a marriage license. It’s natural to have some questions about what comes next. There’s a lot to think about when planning a wedding – from the venue and catering to the flowers and music.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
This blog post is designed to help you navigate the next steps as you plan a wedding party. We’ll cover everything from choosing your venue to finalizing the details.
So read on and soak up all the information you need to make your big day perfect!
Imagine the Wedding of Your Dreams before Wedding Planning
Your wedding party is a big decision and the kind of event that needs careful consideration. It’s important to think about what you want from your special day before setting any boundaries or limits on yourself, as this may cause stress during planning stages if they don’t match up with others’ expectations!
You’ve already discussed the type of weddings you like. You may have attended your friend’s formal wedding together and agreed it isn’t for you both. You may have attended a lakeside ceremony followed by a laid-back reception in a tent which was amazing! It is now time to ask yourself what wedding style you want.
Couples who are engaged often start dreaming about their perfect wedding day almost immediately. While it’s certainly fun to daydream, it’s also important to take the time to plan your wedding ceremony and reception realistically. By imagining your dream wedding, you can begin to create a vision for your big day and figure out what elements are most important to you. From there, you can start making a list of priorities and budgeting for your wedding. So if you’re just starting to think about getting married, don’t forget to imagine your dream wedding first!
Decide on a Wedding Budget
No one ever said planning the wedding planning process would be easy, but figuring out your budget is a good place to start. How much can you comfortably spend without going into debt? Start by estimating how much everything will cost, from the venue and catering to the photographer and wedding band.
It’s time to figure out if anyone is going to contribute financially, and how much. This number will affect every decision about your wedding along with what you purchase so be intentional in setting aside this discussion now before it becomes too uncomfortable!
For most couples, their budgeting process feels awkward at first but after having the conversation they are better prepared for any surprises that may come up while planning such an important event.
Remember to factor in unexpected expenses, like things guests might forget to bring or tipping your vendors. Once you have a ballpark number, subtract what you can save by doing some of the work yourself, like making centerpieces or cakes. The final number is your estimated wedding budget. Stick to it as closely as possible and you’ll be on your way to a stress-free wedding day!
Make a wedding Gmail
Are you planning a wedding? If so, you’re probably using a lot of different tools to help keep everything organized. One great way to keep track of all the little details is to create a Gmail account specifically for your wedding or even a wedding website if you can.
You can use this account to store vendor contact information, copies of contracts, menus, RSVPs, wedding invitations, possible shops for a wedding dress, and other wedding events related things. Having everything in one place makes it easy to keep track of what still needs to be done, and it’s a great resource for sharing information with your wedding party. Creating a Gmail account is easy – just follow these simple steps:
Creating a Wedding Gmail
1) Go to www.gmail.com and click on “Create an Account.”
2) Enter your name, email address, and other details
3) Verify your account
And you’re done! I you want to be more advance and extra, try creating wedding website as well!
Make a guest list
Making a guest list and constructing the bridal party for your wedding can be challenging. But, if you keep the process as stress-free and relaxed as possible, it will only lead to happiness on both parts! Before picking guests that should attend—think about how many people are involved with planning this event?
Are we looking at small or large weddings here- since these two concepts have different amenities needed depending upon their scale – make sure not to miss anyone important by starting roughly first before getting more specific later down the line when necessary.
A few things to take note of:
- Make sure to write down the names of any friends or family that live too far away from you, even if they are not very close. You never know when someone might come in handy!
- You’ll need a spreadsheet or app for your wedding guests. This way, you can keep track of who’s coming and why/why not they’re attending!
- It’s important to keep the number of people invited by your family members in mind when planning out a wedding. If they’re close family, it may be okay for them to attend but try not to invite too much as it would only add more stress onto themselves and potentially ruin their precious day with you both!
- Create two lists, one for your close family and friends who are guaranteed to attend (A), the other containing people you’d like there but it doesn’t matter if they don’t come as long as everyone has a great time at least (B)! Take some deep breaths together before getting into names so that way every person makes sense when listed on paper or screen.
- Bonus: When trying to figure out who will be at your wedding, the first step is going through all of your contact lists on both phone and social media. You might find that some people seem more likely than others because they’re often following or interacting with you in one way or another!
Think about the look and feel of a wedding
If you’re planning a wedding, it’s important to discuss all the aspects of it with your partner. That way, you can make sure that both of you are on the same page about everything. A meeting like this can be fun and casual, or it can be more formal – whatever works best for you and your partner. Here are some topics to cover during your discussion:
- The wedding date
- The wedding location
- The wedding budget
- The wedding guest list
- The ceremony
- The reception
- Food and drink choices
- Music and entertainment choices (or lack thereof)
- Wedding favors or table decorations
Wedding planning can be stressful, but it’s important to make sure you and your partner are on the same page from day one. This will help avoid any surprises down the line!
In a notebook/ wedding planning checklist app, Set Out Your Wedding Plan
When you’re planning your wedding, the last thing you want to worry about is forgetting something. That’s why it’s important to have a plan and to document it. Whether you use a notebook or a wedding planning app, be sure to set out your wedding plan in writing. This way, you’ll know what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. Plus, if anything changes along the way, you’ll have a record of those changes too!
There are many different ways to stay organized and make sure you don’t miss anything when it comes time for your big project. You could use checklists, spreadsheets, or word processors like Microsoft Excel if all of the information was compiled in one place before starting on this important task! There’s also an online tool called Google Docs which lets users create their list from various websites with ease while still having access through its mobile app so no matter where someone may be located these days they’ll always have everything right at hand whether that includes budgeting needs as well. Also, try some wedding planning apps, there are lots of free apps that will surely work for you!
Wedding planning can seem overwhelming at first, but by taking it one step at a time and documenting everything in writing, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the process!
Or simply hire a wedding planner/wedding coordinator if wedding planning is all too much
If you are like most couples, you have probably started to plan your wedding. After all, it seems like the logical thing to do – you know what you want and how to get there. However, after a few weeks of planning, you may start to realize that maybe this is more complicated than you thought. Between vendor research, contract negotiation, and trying to keep everything organized, it can be a lot for one person (or even two people) to handle. This is where hiring a wedding planner comes in handy – they can take on the bulk of the work so that you can relax and enjoy your big day!
While DIY wedding planning can be a cost-effective solution, there are several reasons why hiring a wedding planner is still the best option. Some of these reasons are because:
Wedding planners take the stress out of wedding planning
They have connections with vendors and can get you better deals
They know what to do in case of unexpected problems
They can help you stay on budget
They can make sure your wedding is unique and reflects your personality
Think About Dates and Seasons
When you are planning your wedding, there are a lot of things to think about. One thing that may not be on your mind is the time of year and what that means for your big day. Here are some things to consider when choosing a date and picking out your seasonal flowers.
- Many couples get married in the spring or summer because the weather is nicer and it’s easier to have an outdoor ceremony.
- However, if you’re looking for something a little less popular, autumn weddings can be really beautiful with the changing leaves and cool air. Just be prepared for possible rain!
- Winter weddings can also be very cozy with all the Christmas decorations around. Just make sure to book well in advance if you want to have it during this season
When considering the perfect date for your big day, it’s important to be flexible. You don’t want any restrictions or limitations that could prevent you from finding a venue and vendors who will work with what’s available on such short notice! Think about external factors like how popular those dates might be among other potential weddings (making availability scarce) as well as if they’d cause problems when guests try getting away at their schedules.
Identify top 3 priority vendors
You’ve started wedding planning and are feeling a little overwhelmed. But don’t worry, you’re not alone! This is a time when many couples feel stressed out and confused about where to start. The good news is that there are some steps you can take to make the process a little bit easier. One of those steps is identifying your priority vendors.
What exactly is a priority vendor? A priority vendor is a company or service that is essential to your wedding day. They may be the caterer who will be providing your food, the florist who will be creating your centerpieces, or the band who will be performing at your reception. It’s important to identify these vendors early on in the planning process.
When it comes to wedding planning, many couples include touring different venues on their master list. This is a great way to get a feel for what’s out there and see what fits your vision for the big day. Here are some tips for touring wedding venues.
1) Make a list of what you’re looking for before you start touring venues. This will help you stay focused and not get overwhelmed.
2) Take your time when visiting each venue. Explore the space and imagine yourself getting married there.
3) Ask lots of questions! The staff at each venue should be able to give you tons of information about their services and facilities.
4) Keep track of which venues you like and which ones you don’t.
Start researching each vendor category
One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make is who to work with when planning your wedding. There are a lot of different vendors out there, so how do you know which ones are right for you? Do your research and ask around to get recommendations from friends and family. Try website like The Knot or Wedding Wire. Then meet with a few different vendors to see who feels like the best fit. Trust your gut instinct – if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Wedding planning can be stressful, but it should also be fun! So enjoy the process and have faith that everything will come together.
Here are some vendor categories that are vital in every wedding
Here are four reasons why research is important when choosing a wedding venue:
- You’ll get an idea of what’s available in your area.
- You’ll know what your budget can afford.
- You’ll learn about different styles of wedding venues.
- You’ll find out what kind of vendors work with different venues.
Professional decorators have years of experience working with all kinds of venues. They know how to create beautiful spaces no matter what the setting – whether it’s an outdoor garden wedding or an elegant ballroom affair.
In addition, they can recommend vendors for things like catering, flowers, etc.
Wedding Catering Team
Believe it or not, there are reputable and talented caterers who can take care of all your food needs so you can focus on the other aspects of your big day. Here are just a few reasons to consider hiring a caterer for your wedding:
- Caterers have years of experience and know-how to handle every type of event.
- They have connections with quality vendors who can provide everything from linens to DJ services.
- A good caterer will help make your wedding run more smoothly and create a memorable wedding reception for you and your guests.
Wedding Photographer and Videographer
First, consider what style of photography or videography you prefer. Do you want a traditional approach, or something more creative? Next, think about what’s important to you as a couple. Are you looking for someone who can help guide you through the planning process, or are you comfortable working on your own?
Finally, be sure to ask around for recommendations. You can check out https://www.nicolechanphotography.com/ For a start