Your headshot experience
- Coaching from start to finish – Leave posing, facial expressions, and angles to me! Many clients are initially nervous. What they quickly realize is that I’ll give you plenty of direction and guidance so that we can create a genuine portrait!
- Collaborative approach – Throughout your session, we will review your photos on a monitor. This gives you a chance to provide feedback so that we can make quick adjustments
- Unlimited outfit changes – Sometimes, you need a a variety of formal, semi-formal, and casual looks based on usage (ie: LinkedIn, Press releases, Tinder, etc.)
- Unlimited backgrounds – Lighter colors, darker colors, and even on-location
- Flexible time – Exceptional portraits take time
- Select your photo – At the end of your session, we will review your portraits together so that you can make your final decision on which images you would like to purchase. Only purchase what you love.
What type of Boston headshot is best for you?
You have one chance to make a first impression. It’s your first introduction and will represent your brand What style works best for you?
“Solid Background” Headshots
This professional and minimalist look with a simple light or dark gray background is clean, versatile, and functional.
It’s the “vanilla” of all Boston headshot photographers, but if you’re like me and love vanilla bean ice cream, there’s definitely a difference when you get quality vanilla ice cream vs mass produced vanilla ice cream. You know what I’m talking about, right?
“Fuzzy background” Headshots
Headshots in an this modern style offer a clean and modern take on
traditional Boston headshots. Although they have the potential to be just as formal as a seamless background, their added color and variety can make an individual stand out from the crowd. A portrait in this style is also handy to use for social networks. You’re still the center of attention, since the environment itself is out of focus, and it can give your photo a more personable touch. It provides an alternative to the solid grey backdrop and can be useful for almost any industry or individual, from lawyers to comedians.
These photos don’t just show your face– they show who you are, what you do, and where you feel most in your element. The surroundings provide context and relevance to your audience. For instance, a personal chef might use a kitchen, a teacher their classroom, and so on. If you want a customized photo that highlights the heart of you and your business, this might be the right fit!
This isn’t typical of Boston headshot photography, but I love the story-telling and the human character aspects to it!
Group Photos and Team Photos
Show off your entire team an in environment that reflects the culture and personality of your company.
Boston Headshot Pricing
$300 per session
$150 per retouched image
Professional hair and makeup available.
$200 for makeup services. $200 for hair services.
Boston Headshots in Four Easy Steps
Step 1: Pre-Session Consultation – I’d like to get to know you. What are you using these Boston headshots for? Acting, LinkedIn, Tinder? What are the personality traits that we are trying to convey? Compassion, approachability, leadership? Every face is different. What physical features do you want to emphasize? What do you love (or not love) about your previous headshots?
Step 2: The Shoot – I guarantee an unlimited supply of Dad-jokes and bad puns. Rest assured that I’ll be giving you plenty of gentle direction on expression and angles.
Step 3: Feedback and Collaboration – During your session, we’ll review the images that we created together during your Boston headshot session. I’ll ask for your constant feedback to find tune how you want your headshot to look and feel. At the end of your session, you will select your favorite headshots, and these will be the ones that will be professionally retouched.
Step 4: Digital Delivery – Your photographs will be available for digital download within 72 hours.
E-mail me to book your Boston headshot today!
Tips from Boston headshot photographer, Nicole Chan
- Gravitate towards simple and solid clothing. Avoid trends, patterns, and logos.
- Wear clothing that you love and feel comfortable in what you’re wearing. Be yourself. Infuse your own personal style.
- Shoes are unnecessary unless we are photographing a full-body look
- Avoid scarves. They hide your neck.
- For headshots, your pants will most likely not be seen, but please wear them. 🙂
- Drink water. Ideally, 8 glasses of water per day. Your skin will thank you
- Get plenty of sleep. Be well rested to avoid dark eye circles
- Use chapstick or lip balm the night before and morning of
- If you are getting a haircut, we recommend having it at least 2 days prior to your shoot
- Prepare your facial hair and/or brows, preferably several days before in case of skin irritations
If you’re looking to view more of my commercial photo and video work, check out my Nicole Chan Studios site here!