Headshot sessions in my home studio start at $300
- Please bring clothing that you love and feel comfortable in what you’re wearing. Be yourself. Infuse your own personal style.
- Gravitate towards simple, timeliness, and solid clothing. Avoid trends, loud patterns, and logos.
- Darker colored clothing will attract less attention and put the attention on your face and eyes
- Coordinate details! Layers, ties, belts, textures, jewelry.
- Necklines change the shape of your face. Bring a few options and we’ll work with you to see what works best!
- Shoes are unnecessary unless we are photographing a full-body look
- Drink water. Ideally, 8 glasses of water per day! Your skin will thank you.
- Get plenty of sleep. Be well rested to avoid dark eye circles.
- Wash your face. Moisturize.
- Clean nails with neutral manicure colors
- Use chapstick or lip balm the night before and morning of.
- Come with clean hair
- If you’re getting a haircut, we recommend having it at least 2 days prior to your shoot.
- Fried and salty foods cause bloating and water retention.
- Prepare your facial hair – Trim or pluck a couple days in advance in case your skin is irritated.
- Avoid harsh treatments before your headshot session (facials, extreme exfoliation, tanning, etc)
- Avoid trying new treatments before your headshot session in case your skin has a reaction
Hair and makeup
For all of my portraits, I highly recommend professional hairstyling and makeup services.
Jenny Luu – https://www.jcluu.com/
What to bring
- Different outfits and details
- Hair comb
- Lip balm or chap stick
- Makeup and hair products, if necessary
- Blotting paper if your skin gets oily
During your session, we’ll review the images photographed so that we can work together and collaborate on what feels and looks the best. Honest feedback is important to me and I welcome you to voice your preferences on how you want your headshot to represent you. At the end of your session, you will select your favorite headshot, and I will send that one image to be professionally retouched. That one photograph will be delivered to you digitally, in high resolution. My retoucher’s turnaround time is typically 1-2 weeks.